Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Glassfish problem: There is a process already using the admin port 4848

Today one of our Glassfish servers refused to cooperate. On start of glassfish service an exception was thrown :

There is a process already using the admin port 4848. Command start-domain failed.

Of course at start I checked if the port isn't used by any other process ( netstat -ap --numeric-ports | grep 4848 in our Debian), but, to my surprise, port 4848 was free.

WTF?

Google search suggested very simple solution.In accordance with this solution I went to /etc/hosts file and checked if host name was used in domain configuration (in our case it isn't localhost) points to valid IP.

And voila, it isn't !!!

After fixing it all works well.

1 comment:

  1. Just moved my machine to a different building so my IP changed. Nice fix; worked for me.

    ReplyDelete